Updates for the NEW Racine Campus
Dear Great Lakes Family,
Approximately 18 months ago, the leadership of Great Lakes Church was approached by Tri-City National Bank (Oak Creek, WI) about the possibility of purchasing a facility in Racine. Initially we declined to have any conversations about this, for two specific reasons:
1. The building belonged to another church family.
2. We were laser focused on finding and securing property for our Kenosha campus.
Once the property in Kenosha became a reality, we learned through Tri-Cities bank that whether or not Great Lakes Church decided to move forward with this opportunity, eventually the building would be sold. This is a sobering reality for any church. With this information, both the advisory and stewardship teams of Great Lakes Church decided to explore the potential of acquiring this property.
Part of the exploration process included meeting with the leadership team of the church that had built the facility. In the course of our conversations with them, we learned that this ministry has existed in the Racine community for several decades and has had significant impact on the entire area. One example of this is their day care business, which has been ministering to families for 25 years.
There is no doubt in our minds that the individuals and families who make up True Life Ministries (the church family that built the facility) have served and worked faithfully to accomplish the mission that God placed in their hearts for the Racine community. We have great respect and appreciation for the work God has done, and will continue doing, through their ministry.
Regarding the facility, we are looking at this as a "transfer of Kingdom property." This is by no means a hostile takeover.
On Tuesday, December 30th, we legally purchased the building (along w/ two homes and approximate 15 acres of land). In about two months, after all of our paperwork has been approved, we will purchase the day care as well. We believe purchasing the day care makes great sense. Our goal is to provide a seamless transition of management and keep current employees in place, for the benefit of the children and families who rely on the day care.
We are incredibly excited at this opportunity that we could move on. As we have been saying over the last few years, as we’re faithful with the resources that God has given to us, we can be ready to move when situations like this arise.
Please be praying with us for God’s wisdom, leading, and favor as we begin the work of expanding our ministry in the Racine area. Thank you for believing with us for God’s continued work and blessings. Thank you for generously supporting God’s work at Great Lakes Church so that we can expand our outreach to people in our communities!
In this season of transition, the best way you can partner with us is by choosing to be faithful in your attendance, serving, and ongoing generosity. Let's remember the words of Jesus in Luke 12:48, "When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required."
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Address: 9605 Spring St, Racine, WI 53406
(CLICK HERE FOR A MAP)
Q: Will the purchase of a facility for our Racine campus affect the timeline for building a facility for our Kenosha/Weekends on Wednesday Campus?
A: No. We still anticipate having a "shovel in the ground" for our Kenosha campus by the Fall of 2016.
Q: Will there be a day care in the new facility?
A: Yes. We've decided to purchase the day care to ensure its ongoing effectiveness in the community. It's been operating for 25+ years.
Q: What is the total financial commitment we're making with this purchase?
A: Just under three million dollars.
Q: What's included in our upcoming purchase?
A: 15 acres of land, 1 single family home, 1 duplex, a 60,000 sq. ft. facility, and a day care.
Q: What are the homes going to be used for?
A: We don't have any immediate plans, but we do know that one of the homes is currently occupied and will continue to be so.
Q: With the purchase of a facility, will the current Operations Center go away?
A: We still plan on using the Operations Center for our Weekends on Wednesday campus and other ministries in Kenosha.
Q: Will we be able to afford the property in Racine and still be able to build a facility in Kenosha?
A: If our current growth and giving trends continue, we will be able to move forward confidently with both projects.
Q: What is going on with the Kenosha campus?
A: See what's happening by CLICKING HERE.
Q: When will the Racine campus move to the new facility?
A: The first tentative Sunday in the new facility is January 17th.
If you have a question for our stewardship team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone on the team will respond to you.
This team designs, builds, operates and manages the resources of Great Lakes Church.
Some of their responsibilities include:
- Continually evaluate the financial health of the church, based on giving vs. spending.
- Oversee the budget of the church and decide on any needed changes.
- Strategize on ways to best move the mission of the church forward, with the resources available.
- Determine the best use for any large gifts or unexpected financial surplus (investments, distribution, etc.)
- Approve quarterly budgets for each ministry
- Ensure that all church property is maintained well and that GLC is up-to-date with any legal requirements.
- Married to Corrine for 5 years (3 kids)
- Works in corporate strategy at Northwestern Mutual, managing a $250M budget
- Believes that common sense is as important as budgets and financial systems
- Wasn't attending church prior to Great Lakes and is passionate about making sure it remains in a financial position to continue focusing on people outside of the church and being a blessing to our local communities
- Married to Rindy for 19 years (3 kids)
- Lead pastor at Great Lakes Church
- Responsible for teaching, campus expansion and staff development
- Huge fan of the “envelope budget system,” taught by Dave Ramsey
- Married to Gretchen for 22 years (3 kids)
- Has been in medical device sales for 20 years
- Started his own company, EmbodyMed Inc in 2013
- Oversees the tear down team at the Kenosha campus... "We'd love to have you join the team! No, really!"
- Married to Jessica for 5 years... just had their first baby!
- Finance manager for a large CPG (consumer packaged goods) in southeastern Wisconsin (responsible for financial management of new products, achieving financial budgets, and achieving strategic targets)
- Certified Public Accountant
- Undergraduate degrees in Accounting & Finance with a Masters in Marketing
- Married to Lisa for 8 years (2 kids)
- Executive pastor at Great Lakes Church (and interim Kenosha campus pastor)
- Oversees the operations of Great Lakes Church (business development, campus expansion, finances, etc.)
- Passionately believes that the local church is the hope of the world and loves using his entrepreneurial skills to further the mission of the church
- Married to Marie for 6 1/2 years (2 kids)
- Work for General Mills as National Account Manager/Sales, calling on Walgreens (manage $21+ Million budget annually)
- Total Budget/Spreadsheet Nerd – has used a budget spreadsheet since his college years (15 years)
- Big Dave Ramsey fan (teaches "Financial Peace" crash courses for Great Lakes Church and works with individuals/couples/families to help with financial planning and budgeting)